Five Reasons to Keep Your Dryer in Top Condition
The average household in America does approximately 300 loads of laundry every year. If you or someone in your household is involved in extracurricular activities, such as sports, then you know how easy it is for that laundry pile to grow bigger and bigger. As the frequency or amount of laundry you do increases, so does the use of your washer and dryer.
The more you use your dryer, the more excess lint builds up in the dryer vent, making it harder for your dryer to dry your clothes. But, did you know that there’s more to dryers than just dry clothes?
Read below to discover the other advantages of keeping your dryer in top condition.
- Improved Air Quality
- When it comes to the quality of the air in our homes, very infrequently do we think about how our dryer vents can impact air quality. When your dryer vent is filled with lint, this lint can end up in the air that you breathe. Not only can this cause higher allergy irritations, it can also cause respiratory issues, especially in those who have varying respiratory conditions. Dirty dryer vents can also cause carbon monoxide (CO2) to build up and enter your home, as it is unable to exit your home through your dryer vent.
- Expand Dryer’s Lifespan
- If a machine is not in its best condition, it’s unable to function efficiently. Clogged dryer vents lead to increased use of the dryer, causing more wear and tear to the machine over time. This can result in the dryer requiring more frequent repairs. Increased usage can also lead to the machine itself failing and needing to be replaced. Keeping your dryer lint free is an easy way to avoid these potential problems.!
- Lower Energy Costs
- When your dryer vents are dirty, the lint build up prevents hot air from getting to your clothes. This results in having to dry your clothes longer, meaning that more energy is required to complete each load of laundry. These costs can add up quickly, resulting in an unpleasant spike in your energy bill. When you clean your dryer vents, hot air can easily dry all of your clothes, and you save money on your utility bills!
- Help Prevent Fires
- Did you know one of the biggest fire hazards in your home is a dirty vent? In fact, most people believe removable lint filters trap 100% of the lint produced while drying clothes and that is not the case. If the excess lint is not completely removed, it could potentially cause a fire.
- Shortened Drying Times
- If your clothes are taking too long to dry, then this is a great indication that it’s time to book your dryer vent cleaning! Decrease your clothes’ drying time when you remove all the lint or other debris that may be trapped inside your vent. By doing this, you will spend less time trying to dry your clothes and have your dryer last longer. Not only will this help you save money but improve efficiency.
Not only is it imperative that our dryers work as efficiently as possible for the machine’s lifespan, it’s also incredibly important for ensuring the safety of your home, family, health, and belongings. Protect your home from the dangers of clogged dryer vents by cleaning your dryer vent on a yearly basis.
Don’t wait any longer! Improve your dryer’s efficiency when you book with Mr. Duct today!