Furnace Check and Cleaning
As the winter arrives, it is important to be prepared for the below zero weather that will accompany us in Chicago. All furnace manufacturers recommend annual inspections and maintenance on furnaces to avoid potential problems.
Furnace’s can be quite expensive, as a result maintaining your furnace will prove to be an investment. Annual furnace clean and checks have proven to increase efficiency and extends your furnace units life. The last thing you want is for your furnace to have any premature breakdowns of important furnace components, especially in the winter!
Another reason it is imperative to get your furnace cleaned and checked is because sometimes your furnace can release small amounts of carbon monoxide when burned due to malfunction. This can be a major health issue, and it is very important to be proactive about any furnace problems. It is important to note how often your furnace is being used during the winter. Due to the constant usage, it is highly likely for your furnace to be dirty and can have malfunctioning equipment.
What to expect in a Furnace Clean and Check service appointment:
- Ensure Unit is operating normally by cycling through a brief call for heat.
- Remove and check furnace filter and return for debris and dirt.
- Inspect blower wheel and blower motor/fan belt.
- Remove and clean flame sensor/check thermocouple.
- Remove and clean burners.
- Remove and clean pilot assembly on older units
- Clean interior and exterior cabinet of dirt and debris.
- Check all safety devices
- Inspect wiring and electrical connections
- Check thermostat including heat anticipator setting on older units
- Run unit for at least 10 minutes, then check temperature rise against the name plate reading.
- Test for gas leaks
- Test for carbon monoxide
- Inform customer of any issues found, then secure all panels.
Mr. Duct has highly qualified technicians that often do furnace clean and checks. All Mr. Duct technicians are EPA certified, and have plenty of experience. They do a very thorough job when providing the clean and check service on a customer’s furnace making sure they are not put at any risk. Mr. Duct strives to give our customers the utmost level of professionalism!
Call our customer service representatives for pricing on our furnace clean and checks! Also, if you are in need of a new furnace, please do not hesitate to ask our customer service representatives about our free onsite estimates!Please call us at (800) 501-4157 to get your preferred appointment time!