Improving Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Making sure your home has good indoor air quality is important to keep you and your family healthy. We tend to spend more time indoors during the colder months, and many people are still working from home. Here are some tips for improving the indoor air quality at your home from the experts at Mr. Duct Heating and Air Conditioning.
- 1. Keep a Clean Home
- Maintaining a clean home is essential for improving indoor air quality, especially in colder weather. Vacuuming and dusting often – at least once a week – helps prevent allergens from building up and reduces mold, dust, and dirt in your home.
- 2. Schedule Air Duct Cleaning
- Even when you clean your home regularly, dust and dirt still build up inside air ducts, resulting in poor air quality. Scheduling a professional air duct cleaning service from a reputable company can improve the indoor air quality of your home. Contact the professionals at Mr. Duct Heating & Air Conditioning to learn more about indoor air quality and to schedule your professional air duct cleaning today.
- 3. Service Your Furnace
- Most furnace manufacturers recommend having your furnace cleaned and checked annually. This yearly tune-up can extend the life of your furnace and increase its efficiency. Regular service checks also allow your furnace repair technician to catch issues early, before they become bigger problems - better to deal with a small furnace repair now than face a much costlier furnace repair later.
- Mr. Duct recommends scheduling your furnace cleaning in the fall. Though this may seem a bit early, it helps you beat the winter rush that many HVAC contractors face. Call Mr. Duct Heating & Air Conditioning to clean and tune-up your furnace today.
- 4. Ditch Dirty Air Filters
- Changing air filters regularly is one of the easiest ways you can improve indoor air quality at home. Furnace filters should be replaced every one to three months (depending on the air filter) to keep your system operating at peak efficiency. Dirty filters are one of the most common reasons why heating and air conditioning systems break down. Putting in a clean air filter regularly will save you on both your energy bills and avoidable furnace repairs.
- 5. Clear the Air
- Even if you clean often, dust will still find a way inside your home. An air purifier keeps your home cleaner by trapping dust before it has a chance to spread or build up. Using an air purifier is a great way to improve indoor air quality at home, especially in the winter months.
- 6. Use a Humidifier
- A humidifier helps your home stay more comfortable in colder months by eliminating dry air. Having enough moisture in the air can make breathing easier, especially for those who have allergies or asthma. Dry air can irritate nasal passages and even lead to sinus infections. Unlike humidifiers you fill with water and move around your house, a central humidifier is built into your home’s heating and air conditioning system and is designed to humidify your whole house.
Mr. Duct Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help ensure the air quality in your home is clean and optimized for your family. Schedule an appointment with Mr. Duct today for $75 off air duct cleaning or furnace cleaning for $20 off. Assure your system is prepared and working correctly before winter. Contact us today!