The Importance of Regular Air Duct Cleanings
When we clean our homes, we often think of the basics: vacuuming, wiping down counters, scrubbing toilets, etc. Air duct cleaning typically doesn’t come to mind when we think about home cleanliness. When was the last time you had your air ducts cleaned?
While they require less frequent cleanings than other aspects of your home, it is still incredibly important that they are taken care of properly. Do you know the importance of cleaning your air ducts?
Read below to learn more about the importance and benefits of air duct cleaning.
- Increase indoor air quality
- Over time, debris, dust, allergens, and more begin to build up in your air ducts. As your air ducts distribute air throughout the home, this build up can become airborne, lowering the quality of the air you breathe. This can cause those with allergies and/or asthma to have worsened symptoms, which can lead to further health issues. When your air ducts are clean, you increase the quality of the air in your home, while also taking preventative measures to lessen the symptoms of those with allergies and/or asthma. During the air duct cleaning process, technicians can also check for any abnormalities and ensure that your system is functioning properly.
- Boost HVAC efficiency
- When air ducts are dirty, the buildup of dust and allergens prevents air from moving freely through the home. This means that the HVAC system is then working harder to distribute air, and therefore requiring more energy. Making your HVAC system put in more work means that the system is experiencing more wear and tear, which can result in needing to replace part or all of your HVAC system. When air is able to flow through the air ducts easily, less energy is required to disperse clean air through the home, leading to savings on your energy bill!
- Reduce bad odors
- As dust, debris, and other miscellaneous, unwanted items build up in your air ducts, they can begin to produce unpleasant odors. While we often think the build up in our ducts is minimal, it is very easy for less common items to make their way into your ducts. If you have a pet or children, everyday items they use may find a new home in your vents. Our technicians have found a wide variety of items during air duct cleanings, including: rodents, dog food, children’s toys, playing cards, makeup items, and so much more. Any combination of mysterious items in your ducts can cause foul odors, which are then distributed throughout your home from your air ducts. Clean air ducts means breathing clean air!
- Why hire a professional
- Some jobs are best left to the professionals, and cleaning your vents is one of them. Air duct cleaning requires a large variety of tools and knowledge. If an air duct cleaning is done without the proper equipment or knowledge, damages can be done to the system, causing more issues than you started with.
Mr. Duct is the air quality choice of the Chicagoland area. With over 20 years of service under our belts, we’re the local service provider that you can trust! We are NADCA certified, meaning we are held to a higher quality standard than those who are not. We offer up front and honest pricing, and believe in putting the customer and their needs first. When you choose Mr. Duct, you choose the air quality experts trusted by your friends, family, and neighbors!
Get your free air vent cleaning quote today when you call (800) 501-4157.