Emergency Air Conditioner Repair — Call Toll-Free: (800) 501-4163
Chicago summers get hot. Mr. Duct realizes no cooling is not an option.
We repair air conditioners and HVAC systems all over the Chicagoland area. At Mr. Duct, we realize that having no cooling can be unsafe, in addition to being uncomfortable. We will schedule a technician to come out to you for a central air conditioner unit assessment as early as that same day.
Our technicians are well-equipped and have most of their repair parts in their vans. You can count on our EPA-certified technicians to rectify any troubles that you are currently having with your air conditioner unit. They will diagnose the problem and discuss the next course of action with you. After we get your approval on a course of action, our technicians will begin their work immediately so your air conditioning is working properly.
Count on us for all your HVAC needs, including air conditioner and furnace service, air conditioner repair, furnace repair, tune-ups and installation.
We are a Trane® dealer and also service, repair and install all furnace and air conditioner makes and models.
Why should you choose Mr. Duct? Learn why we are Chicagoland's premier Air Duct Cleaning and HVAC company here »
Call Mr. Duct's Emergency Line Toll-Free: (800) 501-4163
Air Conditioning Repair & Troubleshooting
As with all Mr. Duct repairs, your air conditioning service begins with an expert analysis. A uniformed, experienced technician will come to your home in a quick and convenient time window. After the problem(s) affecting your air conditioner have been pinpointed, your air conditioning service technician will meet with you to discuss the next course of action to take. We want to make sure that you understand what is being done in your home and that we've given you all the tools we can to help you make the most informed decision.
Once you have made a decision on the repair, our technicians will begin their work immediately and after they are done, your air conditioner will be working properly.
Simple Things to Check Before Calling Mr. Duct
You can always count on Mr. Duct arriving promptly for air conditioning repair and cooling service, but here are a few simple things to try before calling: Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "cool" position.
- Ensure that your outdoor condensing unit is running.
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in the "ON" position.
- Check the outdoor unit "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Normally a grey 8" wide x 16" high x 4" deep box mounted to the wall).
- Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the "cool" position, the furnace blower should be running.)
- If not, check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the "ON" position.
- Be sure that you have changed your filter in the furnace recently.
- An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioning unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
- Furniture should be moved at least four inches away from return air grilles to allow for adequate air supply.
If these options don’t take care of your cooling issue, you may need an A/C clean & tune-up, an A/C repair, or a new A/C installation.