Emergency Furnace Repair — Call Toll-Free: (800) 501-4163
Chicago winters are cold. Mr. Duct realizes no heat is not an option.
Mr. Duct repairs furnaces all over the Chicagoland area. We realize no heat can be unsafe, therefore we schedule a technician to come out for a furnace assessment as early as that same day.
Our technicians are well-equipped and have most of their repair parts in their vans. You can count on our EPA-certified technicians to rectify any furnace troubles that you are currently having. They will diagnose the problem and discuss their next course of action with you. We do whatever it takes to help you make an informed decision. After we get your approval, our technicians will begin their work immediately so your furnace is working properly.
Count on us for all your HVAC system needs, including furnace and air conditioner service, repair, tune-ups and installation.
We are a Trane® dealer and also service, repair and install all furnace and air conditioner makes and models. Why should you choose us? Learn why we are Chicagoland's premier Air Duct Cleaning and HVAC company here ».
Call Mr. Duct's 24/7 Emergency Line Toll-Free: (800) 501-4163.
Furnace Repair & Troubleshooting
As with all Mr. Duct repairs, your service begins with an expert analysis. A uniformed, experienced technician will come to your home in a quick and convenient time window. After the problem(s) affecting your furnace have been pin-pointed, your heating service technician will meet with you to discuss the next course of action to take. We want to make sure that you understand what is being done in your home and that we’ve given you all the tools we can to help you make the most informed decision.
Once you have made a decision on the repair, our technicians will begin their work immediately and after they are done, your furnace will be working properly.
Simple Things to Check Before Calling Mr. Duct
You can always count on Mr. Duct arriving promptly for furnace repair and heating service, but here are a few simple things to try before calling:Gas Furnace Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "heat" position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace.
- Try turning the fan to "ON" using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel.
- Check the SSU switch (it looks like a light switch on a gray box located at the furnace) to be sure it is in the "ON" position.
- Check to ensure the furnace filter isn't in need of replacement.
- All one-inch thick furnace filters should be replaced monthly.
- Wider two-inch thick and other high-capacity pleated filters can most likely be changed every other month or just six times per year.
- If the system is running but you have not changed your filter, the filter needs to be replaced.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
- Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).