Mr. Duct - Air Conditioner Cleaning
Annual Air Conditioner Cleaning Service
Air conditioner cleaning is a service that should be performed annually, according to most air conditioner manufactures. Having an annual air conditioner check helps to prevent breakdowns, increase efficiency, and extend the life of your air conditioner. In fact, some manufacturers even require annual air conditioner cleanings as upkeep on an air conditioner warranty!
Mr. Duct HVAC generally recommends that you perform a central air conditioner cleaning in the spring. Though it seems a bit early for air conditioner service, it helps beat the summer rush and makes sure all components of your home comfort system are prepared!
If you haven't had a Clean & Check performed on your air conditioner system, then it is not operating at optimum efficiency. Most air conditioning system breakdowns are directly related to little or no maintenance — often resulting in premature breakdown of your central air components. Mr. Duct's air conditioner service technicians will inspect, clean, and tune your air conditioner unit, which will ensure a cool and comfortable summer season for you and your family.
To prevent premature break-down of important air conditioner components such as your ac compressor, and ensure a comfortable summer season, call Mr. Duct HVAC to perform a central air conditioner check today! (888) 467-3828.
Why should you choose Mr. Duct? Learn why we are Chicagoland's premier Air Conditioning and HVAC company here »
Air Conditioning Cleaning Checklist
- Ensure the unit is operating normally by cycling through a brief call for A/C. If it is not, inform customer immediately and convert call to a repair with their permission.
- Remove and check furnace filter and return for debris and dirt
- Inspect Blower wheel and Blower motor/fan belt. Clean and oil if necessary for additional charge.
- Inspect condensate drain system
- Clean interior and exterior of condenser cabinet of dirt and debris
- Clean condenser coils
- Check fan blade
- Inspect refrigerant piping and insulation on suction line
- Inspect all wiring and electrical connections
- Check amperage draw
- Check refrigerant level using superheat or subcooling
- Inform customer of any issues found, then secure all panels
Download Our A/C Tune-Up & Cleaning Checklist (PDF)