We're Dedicated to Improving Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality
Mr. Duct's very first mission was to improve the air quality of Chicagoland's homes through NADCA-certified air duct cleaning. Though we've expanded our mission to being your #1 choice in heating and cooling for all your home comfort solutions, our dedication to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is unmatched. As a Trane® dealer, we offer superior indoor air quality products like:
Choose Mr. Duct and our Trane® quality air solutions to improve your home's indoor air.
Overall, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Roughly 87% of American homeowners are unaware of indoor air pollution.
There’s more in the air than you can easily see—particles, dust and smoke, all of them potential triggers for asthma and allergy attacks. Particles like dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered well by your nose and throat.
Did You Know? Indoor Air Quality Facts
- According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for or aggravate half of all illnesses.
- Poor indoor air quality negatively affects more than 15 million Americans who have asthma and the 28 million who suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
- It is recommended we drink approximately two quarts of clean water each day. By comparison, we inhale approximately 15,000 quarts of air each day.
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one in 13 school-age children.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
Humidifiers Save on Energy Bills
Overly dry air is often associated with itchy, cracked skin, dry nasal passages, and damaged woodwork & furniture. Adding a humidifier can help alleviate these problems by creating and circulating more moisture throughout the home.
Humidifiers can even help save money on your energy bills, since humidified air actually feels warmer than dry air – so your thermostat can be set to a lower temperature.
Trane® Humidifiers work hard to alleviate dry air conditions that aggravate asthma or allergies, finding the right amount of moisture for total comfort and efficiency. Temperature is just one factor in total home comfort, especially in dry weather. A Trane® humidifier provides the right amount of moisture in every room, and can help alleviate allergy symptoms.Browse Trane® Humidifier Units